Monday, September 17, 2007

new shows!

ho ho who is excited about the new season of shows? Or perhaps I'm just a big loser... I'm sure I should be reading up a book storm, but chemo makes it hard to read books. It seems to mess with your concentration and memory, so you read the same page over and over. I guess I also repeat myself a lot, because Chris often politely notes when I keep asking him the same thing. How long can I blame this on chemo?? Fortunately, not much longer... I imagine it steadily evaporating from my body.

Shout out to Gary Parker who is also on his final round of chemo!

I have had a couple blood transfusions over the past few days, which has been rejuvenating. We even got a little hike (stroll?) in with Bill & Michelle on Saturday. And a visit with Chris's friend, Brian yesterday.


Chris and Brian Gurr terrorize the streets.
(I am so tempted to post a matching photo of them in their speedos at about 8 years old.)


Speaking of too much TV (and cookies) and nothing else even remotely related... Daily Show video "C is for Chubby":


love,
h (& c)

10 comments:

Rachel said...

ha! eat those cookies- i wanted that black and white one. the iceburg lettuce didn't stand a chance. love ya!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll have some cookies and milk and turn on the TV. That video was hilarious.

Mark Donnell Family said...

Hillary:

I too am very excited about the new shows! Mark and I read your blog all the time to check on your progress and are thrilled to see how well you have responded. I have been home for the majority of the last 7 1/2 months since I shattered my leg. The meds I have been on keep me from reading a lot too. It is suprising how something that I never paid much attention to in the past is so exciting now. A few less reruns to endure YEA!

We are so proud of you and your positive attitude. We keep you in our prayers always.

Sheryl (and Mark) Donnell

Bette said...

I am so with you! Although I can't blame my memory on the chemo no longer...I am SO EXCITED about ANTM - and I just don't know why!

Bette said...

Maybe I can still blame chemo on my bad grammar? UGH!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the new shows! I'm also a TV fan and sick of summer reruns. And I love cookie monster.

Angie said...

I can't wait for ANTM tonight!!! And, I am sure I will get sucked into Gossip Girl... who can pass up a show about priviledged prep school teens? LOL. I am pathetic.

Leigh Hinkle said...

Go Hil, go! I lost your blog and just found it. I can't believe that you are finished with your treatments. Way to go! Amy filled me in on how you are doing since she saw you last week. You go girl! Heard work is just around the corner. Don't push it, okay, small steps. I mean, I know that you are a rock stars, but even rock stars have to start back small.

Thinking about you so much and love your energy!

Big hugs,Leigh

Anonymous said...

Speaking of new season of shows - have you met any "McDreamys" during your months of hospital time?? (Chris, hide your eyes for her response.)

So happy to hear that you are continuing to kick ass and take names. That's our girl.

Sending you cheesy good vibes from Milwaukee.

love, Kendal

The Parkers said...

Hillary:

Great news about your white cell count!! We're sure it will keep climbing.

Also great that you don't have to go back into the hospital so often.

We're done w/ the 6th cycle. Do CT scan in a couple of weeks and then we'll see where we go from there. Likely maintenance every three weeks.

Love: Catherine and Gary