Wednesday, September 26, 2007

happy arms

big day... I got my PICC line out! We had a doctor appointment this morning. My blood cell counts are all coming up to normal, so our doctor decided we should pull out the PICC line today and schedule my bone marrow biopsy (aspiration) for within the next few days. It's amazing how easy it is to pull out the PICC line -- almost totally painless. But it's creepy to see a really long tube coming out of your arm. (When they pulled out the first one a few months ago, Chris accidentally watched, and I saw his face go white. hee.)

For the biopsy, I said that I'll want all the pre-meds/painkillers available. Apparently, my doctor and the physician assistant think that's silly. They said one of the pre-meds only makes you groggy like you've had a few drinks... um, what's the problem??


big bandaid (strange camera angle)

side note: I'm looking for gym recommendations. I got a letter from my former gym that they had closed. So sad, because it was always empty and easy to get an Elliptical machine. I suppose that was the problem!

love,
h (& c)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy no more PICC line day! This is a milestone that we're very glad to see.

Rachel said...

wehhhooooo! i know you feel so free! that is awesome! any plans to celebrate your newly-freed arm? (other than working it out at a new gym?!)

Anonymous said...

hooray!! this is so exciting!!

PS. Love the fashion with the compassion shoes! adorable.

love,
Stephanie and Ori

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your little arm is finally free...I'm crying! Such great news! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything is moving along in the right direction still. Us Milks boy's seem to squirm a lot while at the hospital :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You are free from the PICC line! Hope the biopsy goes well (I know it will) and I'm with you on the meds! Great to talk to you Hilly!!
love ya, kate

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy for you!! Your arm must feel very light! This will be your first day to wake up in a while without tubes in your arm! x,mom

Anonymous said...

Goodbye to Mr. PICC :)

Unknown said...

PICC line free! Woo hoo. Flex those biceps.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations -- enjoy the freedom, Hillary!!!

Becky & Steve

Jen said...

Congratulations! Did its removal mean the disappearance of your superpowers, though?