Thursday, September 6, 2007

chemo dunzo

Hi all,
I got another fever yesterday, after my morning dose of chemo... so we decided to be done with chemo! Fortunately, I was already back at the hospital for my evening dose when I started to feel sick. My doctor came by and said he was leaning toward ending my chemo, and I said we thought that sounded lovely, and he said yes, I think you'll just keep having reactions and then we'll have to admit you into the hospital, and I said great, and please make this fever go away because I think my head is going to pop off again.

So Chris spent most of the evening trying to coerce me into adding more ice packs.

Well I am feeling much better today and am just resting at home. I have a quick check-in this afternoon, and then they're expecting my immune system to drop at some point like after the previous cycles. My goal now is to stay out of the hospital (that would be novel), by trying to avoid catching anything. So I'll probably be a bit hermit-like for a little while :)

love,
h (& c)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chemo Dunzo" sounds great and I hope for "infectiono dunzo" along with you. You continue to amaze me.
Smiling with you,
Paige

Unknown said...

hooray, no more treatments! let's hope no more infections, either!

Anonymous said...

hooray!!! so glad you are dunzo with chemo! and that you are feeling better!

love,
stephanie and ori

Anonymous said...

Hooray, hooray!!! for the end of the chemo!! love, mom

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! You are done with the chemo..so happy for you! Sorry to hear about another fever :( Glad you are feeling well now.
Love you!
katie

Brett said...

Rose are red
Violets are blue
Get the hell out of my life Chemo
I'm done with the likes of you

Alex Nelson said...

yeah!!! you're done. that is such great news.

Rachel said...

YOU DID IT!!!! i'm so proud of you and happy that you've finished the chemo. hope your time as a hermit is restful. 3 cheers for mac n cheese!!! we love you hillary! thx so much for always keeping us posted; we LOVE the updates.

Unknown said...

Hoping for no more hospital fever drama! Though I am always for a trip down to sunny PA and Stanford shopping ctr , if you do decide you need one last hurrah @ Stanford hospital :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! That is such great news, Hillary! I'm so happy for you to be done with chemo and on the road to a full recovery! Can't wait to see you very soon.
xoxo,
amy

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congratulations on the end of a long haul. Here's to recovering quickly from this round and to a cancer-free existence!!! Hope we'll get to see you guys before too long!

Becky (and Steve)

Anonymous said...

Charlie & Tommy say - WOO HOO!!

And stay away from the composter for a few days...