Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wed, June 11

Hi all,
I'm sitting in the hospital computer lab with my pink mask on.
reference image:

I have been feeling really well (no fevers for almost 3 days), but even better news -- my doctor is probably letting me go home tomorrow. I still have basically no immune system (WBC = 0.3), but he said that I am "reliable," "live nearby," and "have my mom here" :) We have no idea what he meant by "reliable", but it probably meant my prognosis has been predictable, rather than anything to do with my level of personal responsibility. They've also been pretty impressed with how quickly Chris and I have gotten here after my last 2 infections. Speed limit shmeed limit.
My mom and I are heading off for walk #2 (which may involve the hospital store, we will see), and my dad is getting into town this evening. Will be a full house in my hospital room tomorrow!

We'll keep you all posted on my status.
love,
h (& c)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you are starting to include props on your blog...very helpful! Hope you are out of there quickly! xoxo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you recovered quickly and they're letting you go home. We're sending you strong immunity vibes! We miss you, Hillary!!

Rachel said...

i second stevie's comment (HI STEVIE! HAPPY BDAY CHARLES! WISH I COULD JOIN YOU ON THE BEACH!) about the props... and would also like to admit that i love how the props tend to match. i hear that jennifer from nutrition is really somethin' with the food. that's the word on the street. well, is there also someone like "Inga from Interior Decorating" who decided to make the phone and the mask the exact color pink? if so, please tell her, "nice work."

"Reliable" sounds like a word used for a tool, a watch, or a pet, btw. interesting word choice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill! Glad to hear you will be heading home tomorrow and your mom and dad will be there...please tell them "hi" from me!

Miss and love you!
Katie, Greg and Moira

p.s. I left you a vm on your cell this eve...with some news :)

crissy said...

Hill!
Greetings from IL! You are amazing and I just love not only your will and strength, but your brilliant attitude- true characteristics of a survivor. Keep on kicking... (bad "poms" liner, but you know we secretly love it!) Really... Kicking it to the curb! You can do it toots!
Much love,
Crissy

Anonymous said...

Hillary, your attitude is amazing and inspirational. When I have my bad days with Cameron and the hospital nonsense I think about you and your attitude, it always helps. Wishing you a quick return home and no more infections!
Thinking of you,
Rory

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better! I am wishing you lots of love and good health and minimal traffic lights for your way home. :-)

Love,
Stephanie & Ori

Anonymous said...

Nice one on the "Speed limit shmeed limit". Got me to thinking we should extend our list:
* Chemo Shmeemo
* Speed limit shmeed limit
* Fever shmever
* Cancer shmancer
* Work schmork (use that one when your parents ask you to lift a finger on any particular task)

Brett Welborn
Mt. Pleasant, SC

Anonymous said...

hospitals - schmospitals!!

Anonymous said...

hey there, it's baz, wink's friend and he told me about what happened over dinner last night. I just wanted to wish you good luck! it sounds like you have the best attitude and I'm rooting for you all the way. I'll be reading your blog so please keep up the posts!!