Friday, July 6, 2007

Fri, July 6

Hi,
I'm hanging out in the hospital's Infusion Treatment Area for a blood transfusion. It takes about 5 hours, but fortunately the Benadryl pre-med knocked me out for the first two. We were really surprised to find out yesterday that my blood cell counts have already dropped way down. I guess they gave me the real chemo - no placebo here. Today I am getting a few big bags of red blood cells (yummy), and yesterday I got platelets (looks like a bag of murky lemonade). It was actually a slight relief to hear that my platelets were so low, because my nose was bleeding a bit this weekend, and that explains why it wouldn't stop -- no clotting. Ah, but this is kind of gross, sorry.

We had a really nice 4th. Relaxed with a few friends at home, and then visited our friends, Steven and Melinda, on the other side of Burlingame. If I may say so, I've been quite the walker lately, although I have the endurance of an 80 year old. Though, I did manage an hour walk this morning, with my fresh, new blood.


hillary, chris, tony, kathleen, & ben

Love,
h (& c)

8 comments:

Kihyun said...

Always thinking about you, Hillary. Hope to visit you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
I am so proud of you! You are doing great, and you have the BEST attitude. Keep it up.
Jenn and Drew Price :)

Jen said...

Well, we'll have to go for a strenuous walk together soon. How far is the closest ice cream parlor from you?

Go, Team Hillary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary! It's Diana (Pearl) True. I've been checking in on your progress over the past weeks. You have such an incredible attitude! Keep smiling! You are doing great! I hope you are keeping busy. It sounds like you have family and friends around to keep you out of trouble!!!!

Rachel said...

Great to talk to you last night, Hill! You sounded so fabulous. Enjoy your stay at your b&b! You look great btw... I can see the extra meat on your bones, you go girl!

Leigh Hinkle said...

One hour walk, where can I get a set of those red blood cells :). You go girl! I love your blog and it makes me smile. You are an amazing women, Hillary. You keep me smiling everyday because I know that you are going to be this thing and also because you have great stories about infustion treatments. Hugs! Leigh

K. said...

excellent ! and new blood to boot! you are always on my mind, thoughts and i act like you would in various situations, kind funny and cool, i think people like me better that way...you are one tough act to follow though.
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill! Glad to see you are doing so well and have managed to enjoy some time with friends and family. Keep up those walks and enjoy the sunshine!
Love,
Angie LaFratta