Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thur, July 19

Hi all,

I am at the hospital, mid-antibiotic infusion, and dramatically, we're having a blackout. Fascinating. I kind of thought hospitals would be like magical blackout-free places. I imagine this could be really problematic for some patients. (I must be pretty selfish, because my first thought was that this could make my IV drip take a lot longer.) So... hey lights are back on -- yeah, generator.

I have gotten a variety of blood products over the past 2 days, so my CBC (complete blood count) is improving. Most people can tell if their red blood cells are low, because you feel lethargic & fatigued, but I've really only noticed when walking uphill I get a bit winded. Actually, Chris and I went on a walk yesterday evening, and after getting blood transfusions for 2 days, I did feel more energetic.
But I also had a huge lunch yesterday, so that could not have hurt! It was certainly the highlight of my week to see my very favorite former clients, Lenny and Mary. Mary's sister is fighting breast cancer, so she had shaved her head a few months back as a sign of solidarity. (Stevie - do not get any ideas!!) But it was especially comforting to see that it does, in fact grow back... and apparently into an adorable style.
(restaurant rec: Zibibbo in Palo Alto).

Also exciting for me was a "work meeting" I had today, complete with a toll-free dial-in number. I'll admit there was no work actually discussed, but it was fun to chat with my colleagues. I believe our conversation was mostly about my friend Pam's new running skort as well as our future lunch plans.

love,
h (& c)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...that would make my beauty regime a whole lot quicker!! :) Love you, sissy!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Pam's running skort - that's a great topic of conversation! Who knew they made such a fun item of running apparel. She is truly the fashion diva of the TNT world :)

Tomorrow is the big 12 mile training run. We're starting at 6am - Wish us luck! The race is less than a month away and we are pumped!

Glad to hear you're doing so well! Miss you!!!

Love,
Amy

Alicia Skodol said...

I think Stevie should shave her head.. hahah! Okay- happy to hear that you are doing well Hilly! You are AMAAAAZZING! I like the idea of the running skort... Pam we need pics. :) Luv you lots!
Love,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Perhaps our whole family should shave our heads. Hair-schmair!
love you, mom

Chris and Hillary said...

i won't lie to you... it saves tons of time in the morning =)
but then there's the whole, which hat goes with these shoes issue.

K. said...

hey hills. keep up the great exercise + stellar attitude. you are all class lady. xx donnelly

Rachel said...

or... rather, "which hat goes with this skort?!" glad the blackout didn't last too long! you sound great, love ya!