Monday, July 9, 2007

Mon, July 9

Hi everyone, it's a message from me(Chris) this time, not Hillary......I guess the drop in Hillary's cell count knocked her out a little as she's back at Stanford for what should be brief stay...similar to last month. Luckily she feels well, even better than she did last month when we were there for 5 days. She woke up Sat at 3am with a little fever, so we packed up and went into Stanford. It was pretty efficient as we were in a room by 4:30 am as they did some blood tests and gave her some antibiotics. The fever was mostly gone Sat, and was even less on Sunday. Today she hasn't had any fever and we're hoping she'll be out Wed or so, but it really depends on when they are comfortable with the level of her white blood cells. We're back at the same wing that we spend the first 3 1/2 weeks in Stanford and we are seeing some of the same nurses....the first one she had came in and gave Hillary a big hug....I guess she missed Hillary or something. They really are so nice there. Her outpatient Dr, Dr Medeiros, is the one currently on rounds each morning with the team, which is nice, since he knows her well. Similar to last month, they don't seem too concerned at all as they've said it's just some bacteria that she couldn't fight off being so low in white blood cells, so she should be over it very soon. With being at the hospital so early on Sat and up again Sun am, we actually got to watch Wimbledon finals live (with the men's final being exceptional), which was a bonus....though next year we'll be happy to watch the taped delayed version instead of the live 6am broadcast.
I just got a text message from her - she's on walk number two, has a friend coming by this afternoon, and I'll get out of work early to be there late afternoon and stay over for another slumber party. Her mom already had a flight out here and gets in Tue evening and will be here until Sat am. (I guess she'll get to reacquaint herself with Stanford for a few days.)

love,
c (& h)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
We've gathered here in Newport Beach for Charlie's 3rd birthday, but we're thinking lots and lots about YOU! Hillary, I can't wait to fly to San Francisco to see you tomorrow!! Looking forward to eating some yummy hospital food and sleeping on a cot next to your bed!!! Maybe you should do some "Art for Health" until I get there :) And, say Hi to Jennifer from Nutrition!!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
What you doing, Hillary??? I went surfing at the beach today. I miss you!! Thanks for my birthday present. I love you.
Love, Charlie

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
Ba Ba.
Ho woo,
Bow wow
Dump
Broli
Bobo
Papa
Daddy

Love, Tommy

Anonymous said...

Dear Hillary,
I wonder if I can ask you a question, Hillary. Do you mind if I ask you if your food is okay? I hope I am not bothering you.
Jennifer from Nutrition

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
We are all thinking of you. We are praying for you as you go through this hospital stay again. We pray your time will go quickly. Keep knitting and purling!!!

Love,
Suzie

Anonymous said...

Hey, sissy.
Glad to hear this round isn't holding you down. We're thinking about you, and we'll save a piece of Clifford cake for you. Keep smiling and walking!!

Love, Carey (& Stevie & the kids)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary!

Hope you are staying busy while being back in the hospital. We keep thinking of you and your nephews keep talking about you. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill! Sorry to hear you landed back in the hospital but I am very happy to hear that you are feeling better than last time and will hopefully be out soon. Have a great visit with your mom!! I am thinking of you tons!
Miss and love you,
Katie, Greg and Moira

Anonymous said...

Hey Hill!
I hope you're enjoying those wonderful hospital tator tots. I'm glad your mom will be there soon to help you fend off those arts and crafters! They need to understand that no means no!! ;)

Good news - I have another trip to San Fran scheduled for the first week in August, so I'll get to see you again soon! Yeah!!

Thinking about you all the time!

Love,
LaRue

sfcurtis said...

Hey Hillary-

Let us know if we can schedule another lunch time conversation/conference call with you. We're missing you here on the 3rd floor ;) -sa

K. said...

hello hills...hang in there. these things come and go in life. you are the ultimate trooper chick in life and im proud of you. take your walks and eat your sorta bad hospital food. i would sneak you in cheese pizza if i were there, although im sure these days, it's on the menu. lots of love from the arch city. xx donnelly

Jen said...

Mmm hmm... just another excuse to be close to the Stanford Shopping Center.

Get better quickly! I'll see you soon - maybe Jake can stop by when your immune system has returned.

Love,
Jen (and Jake)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hil,
It sounds like you and Chris can be pretty efficient in the middle of the night...that is to get to the hospital. Im glad you are still feeling ok, even if it is within the Stanford walls.
I had a good talk with Chris the other day- I wish you could sneak on the plane with him to CO. I will be out there soon! I have to go on a run so I can kick some Chicago butt in the race. Im only kidding, Riley needs a run.
I miss you!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
I'm glad to hear that you are being so well taken care of by your wonderful husband, doctors and nurses - and how could they not will your amazing attitude and smile!! I think of you all the time and know you will fully recover. In the meantime, I've never seen someone more lovely with purple hair. :)

Keep it up, Trooper Gal!
- Julie Boczkowski