Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tue, July 3

Hi all,
We had a fun weekend with my sister, Stevie, here for a visit. Other than doing my chores (she's quite the pruner/weeder), we went for walks and did a little shopping... the highlight being the Wig Factory with Sarah and Chris. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a differently colored coif.
Now we're waiting for my white blood cell counts to drop from last week's chemo. I should have a few more days before I'm neutropenic again. My hemoglobin was low, i.e., I was anemic, so I had a blood transfusion yesterday to replenish my red blood cells. (Thank you blood donor!)


Stevie, Hillary, Sarah - at the Wig Factory!


We were thinking pink, but purple was the clear winner


Dad, Stevie, Hill, Chris. Ok, people, back to work!

Happy almost 4th of July. It's going to be toasty here, but fortunately I have my own air conditioning on top. Actually, my head is starting to get fuzzy, so we'll see if my new hair lasts through my upcoming chemo. Chris keeps trying to buff shine my head with his sock, which is probably not helping.

love,
h & c

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so rockin the purple doooo ~ very Natalie Portman in that Clive Owen/Julia Roberts/Jude Law movie... title escaping me now... not her character specifically but the wig... yknow what I mean :) It's great to catch your blogs. I can't help but giggle over your stories sometimes. Raffe and the ladies at Adobe want to come visit soon - let's make a date you're ready for another onslaught of visitors :) We're thinking about you all the time.

Have a great holiday, Hills!
Fawn

Unknown said...

I second what Fawn says. And purple was _definitely_ a good choice. love it!

Angie said...

And I 3rd what Fawn said... especially the part about wanting to visit you soon!!! We miss you!!!

Happy 4th!
Angie

Alicia Skodol said...

The purple wig is a hit!!! We love it!! :) love you- Alicia

K. said...

i'ts the complete jude law thing mixed in with the uma thurman ('mrs. mia wallace) in pulp. good decision. wish i were there to help.xx