Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wed, April 25th

Three weeks ago tonight was when Hillary and I went to the hospital due to her abnormally high white blood cell count. As I'm trying to balance a little work with the hospital time, I have to admit, I know a little less of the day to day happenings here at the hospital. I'm staying here tonight, and from what I heard from Stevie, Margie and Hillary, it was another good day as Hillary is eating more and getting in plenty of walks, she even got outside again today.
It sounds like Hillary should be able to go home in the next week, maybe even by this weekend - it all depends on when her white blood count gets back to a normal level. I think a normal level is when the white blood count reaches between 6-10, which really means 6,000 to 10,000. The days after the chemo when they wiped out her white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets, her white blood count was around 0.1, and stayed there for quite a few days. Just in the past few days it has gone from 0.1 to 0.2 to 0.6 to 0.8 today. I guess they expect it will continue to increase until it gets closer to the normal 6-10.
Overall Hillary had a great time with her two nephews today and hopefully tomorrow her white blood cell count will get over 1.0. I think the over/under is 1.1....

7 comments:

Mom Milks said...

Hi Dear Hillary,

I was so glad to read the blog entry Chris wrote yesterday confirming the continued good news. I will be cheering on the 'white blood count growth' all day today! My love and thoughts are with you.

XXXOOO Kathy

K. said...

Hi Hills. I'm really happy to hear you might be heading home sooner than later. More prizes your way. xx hang in and fight the good fight. dons.

Unknown said...

Way to show them Hill, such great news, a change of scenery and some freedom is near.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hills!
I'm so glad you've been able to get out a bit and enjoy the sunny CA weather - it matches your wonderful personality! :-)

I hope you are having a great visit with Stevie and the boys.

Sending positive thoughts your way and hope you get to go home very soon!

- Julie, Brian & Jack

Unknown said...

Hache!

It's really good to read that you're feeling better and on the mend. We all miss you here at the office and wish you well during your recovery.

Here are some hijinks from work today:

Banana attack!

Regardless, it's not the same without you. Get well soon. :-)

-Jeff from Adobe

Anonymous said...

Hillary,

I guess I am showing my age by admitting that I didn't realize I could post comments here until just now! I guess I'm an old lady of (almost) 32 now, and am not hip to the blogging thing!

Either way, I wanted to say "hi" and send you a virtual high-five -- you are doing SO GOOD! Ryan and I are so proud of you and your strength. As he reads the blog entries with me he is constantly impressed by your positive attitude -- and I tell him, "it's not surprising - that's Hillary."

Anyway, we are so thrilled to hear that you are mending and we are continuing to pray for you and send you positive vibes from the Brew City. Can you feel the Cheesehead love?!

Keep growing those white blood cells girl! You can do it!

We miss you and think about you daily.

Baby Reis is still "cooking" - 5 more weeks until the big due date, which is crazy! We are totally unprepared to be parents, but I suppose we'll figure it out. (Hopefully!) In the meantime, I look like I swallowed a basketball. People are convinced we're having a boy (we don't know), because I'm "all belly." We'll see!

All our love to you, Chris and your families, Kendal and Ryan Reis

chip said...

Hillary and Chris,

Thinking positive thoughts about you both every day and hoping Hillary is continuing her great progress. xoxox

The Worthleys, Storms, Smiths and Ranger.