Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sun, Apr 22

I'm pretty happy to report that today was pretty uneventful at the hospital. Hillary felt pretty good all day and her appetite appears to be returning a little as she had a good breakfast, ate all of her pasta for lunch, and had most of her cheese and fruit plate for dinner along with a little ice cream for desert. We had several visitors today including her cousin Brett who is in town from the East Coast for work tomorrow.
To clarify something I mentioned yesterday, I mistakenly said she might get chemo three times a week for four months as an outpatient, which sounded like a lot. The Dr's clarified today that one of the possible outpatient chemo treatments would start a few weeks after she is discharged. She would get chemo for three days the first week of the month, then have three weeks with no chemo treatment, just monitor her progress, and repeat this for three or four months. Three days of chemo for the month sounds a lot more reasonable.

5 comments:

Leigh Hinkle said...

Hi Hillary,

I am glad that you had a happy birthday and sounds like you had quite the crowd. I spent your birthday riding 51 miles. I don't think that I shared with you that I am doing Team In Training and a century ride in Lake Tahoe, NV. Here is my Web site with more details: http://www.active.com/donate/tntin/tntinLHinkle1

You are my hero and I will be riding in your honor :). Saturday's ride was all about you. Just thought about your smiling face and your strength through all this and made it through the hills and flats. You inspire me, girlfriend. You and Chris both.

Keep up those laps and know that we are cheering you on here in Indianapolis. Leigh

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Hillary!!
(sorry I'm a couple days late...) I hope you did a couple extra shots of Ensure to celebrate! :)

I'm so happy to hear that you had so many loved ones around you for brithday, and even happier to hear that your progress is going so well.

We think and pray for you often!!
Love,
Julie, Brian & Jack

Mom Milks said...

Hi Dear Hillary,

This brings love to you from your East Coast relatives. Last weekend was a reunion of sorts of the Wilson cousins and they all send their best to you. They want to meet the amazing Hillary next time you and Chris visit Virginia!

Your new 'do' looks darling on you!

Lots of love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hillary, Happy Birthday! You have been in my thoughts and are such an inspiration with your positive attitude!

Laura Ransom

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just discovered the comments section of this - sorry to be so slow. We are all thinking of you Hillary and so glad to hear of the good news from the Dr's. Keep up the good work! :) We keep you in our thoughts every day...

Carolyn & Ben