Monday, June 25, 2007

Mon, June 25

Hi all,
I'm at the hospital getting my first dose of chemo for the week. I'll have to come in for a morning and evening dose, so there's a break in the middle of the day... and unfortunately Stanford Mall is dangerously close. My particular chemo drug is Cytarabine, which interestingly was FDA approved in the 60's... pretty sure that does not qualify as "cutting edge". Chris and I have been hearing about new targeted therapies being studied, which are preferred over chemotherapies. Good to know, since I am on a chemo drug that's older than me...
We had another good weekend at home and got to relax with some friends out here. And I tried to get some gardening done, since that's off-limits now. We also stopped by the ACS 'Relay for Life' 24-hour walk in memory of John Lemire, Chris's family friend. (wow - they raised over $27k.)
Thank you all for your notes & thoughts!
love,
hill (& chris)


lunch at Market Bar with Maggie & Colleen


with Bridget and little puppeh, Bogey


with Kevin & Alison Lemire - at John Lemire's relay


with Dad & Mom - out here in May

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill! Thanks for the update. I hope your treatments go well and you get your gardening fix in :)

The pics are great..I love seeing them.

Thinking of you!
Love,
Katie, Greg and Moira

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling !! The pics are so wonderful .... I ´m very happy to know that ALL is going well ...
Kisses ,
Mirian
(brazil)

Anonymous said...

Loved your update, Hillary! At least it's nice to know your chemo drug is not "experimental"!

Anonymous said...

forgot to sign my name.......... love, Mom

(and it looks like I can't spell my name!)

Anonymous said...

Hillary, good luck with this round! Here's to it going smoothly and you not feeling too yucky (and to finding some fun things at the mall). Thanks for keeping us posted -- we love to read the blog, and I love the new look! Thinking of you...

Becky & Steve

K. said...

keep on keeping on. the snaps are stellar. besides yourself; bogie is one cute puppy (looks like my dog eddie vedder. hills, good for you; just living life like it should be lived. hey; i gots engaged. FINALLY. if i already mentioned that ...sorry for the repeat, but yes after many years ; half a decade nico and i are officially engaged, we shall be married.
keep the photos and good news and strong vibes coming. xx kate d.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hill!

I can just picture you on your computer getting your treatment - thankgoodness for wireless!!

So glad to hear that you are continuing to do well! I've been thinking about you lots and hope that this round of chemo is infection-free!

I got spoiled being able to see you so often! I need to plan another trip soon - I'm working on it!! I've been saying to my clients - 'you need to to come to San Fran to discuss this - right?' :)

Lots of love,
LaRue

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are on truly tested drug! hooray!

Your pics are adorable. I wish I was at the lunch in SF rather than the floods here in Chicago! :-)

Love,
Stephanie and Ori

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Hillary,

You are receiving thoughts and prayers from the plains of South Dakota! We have been following your progress and thinking about the two of you a great deal. Hillary, we can't wait to meet you in person. Milky, you look good in the pics...same as Allen Way. Talk to you both soon.

Love,
Pat and Jana