Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thurs, June 14

allo,
We had my doctor appointment yesterday, and fortunately there weren't any exciting updates. He confirmed that I am not ready for round 2 of consolidation chemo yet, since "we don't want to kick you while you're down." Very kind, I think.

I'm hoping we can start chemo round 2 in 2 weeks, but my doctor is in no hurry. Apparently, he has more patience than I do. (um, no pun intended) Basically we have to wait until my white blood cell count is higher, so I have more immune system. It has been bouncing around a bit. I've still been feeling really well, although I get a bit pooped, but I even got to have lunch up in the city with Sarah, Delanie, and Bridget. (happy bday, Bridget!) I realized that I hadn't even been in San Francisco for 2 months.

On an unrelated note, here are some high school kids playing 'Video Killed the Radio Star' with cello, mandolin (I think), and harp... enjoy!


-h

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, hillary,

glad you're feeling well and were able to get out and about! and, btw, that video is brilliant!

Unknown said...

Leave it to you to provide excellent comedy relief. So fun to lunch w/ you yesterday. Thanks for coming and field tripping to Beard Papa's.

Anonymous said...

No news is good news, right Hill? Enjoy being without chemo for the next couple weeks and keep on building those blood cells! Thanks for your little video..I feel so technologically challenged around you :)

Glad to hear you are feeling well!
miss and love you,
Katie, Greg and Moira

Sandy J said...

hi hillary! thinking about you lots and just want to say hrrrumph, i know it's about time you (and of course we all) wish this were over.

on the other hand, now there's time for you to write and produce the hit song/video entitled "internet killed the video and the radio star and actually, in fact, internet rules the universe."

wishing you all the best, I know this is such such such a rough time! you will be THERE soon. let's talk when you feel like it. i send you Pinkberry in my analog worldwithoutcancer dreams.

xoxoxoxo sandy j

Leigh Hinkle said...

Hey lady,

Hurray for no news! I miss you already and was so glad that we could visit when we were out there last week. Ok, so loved the video. 80's music rocks! Thanks for the comic relief on a Friday. Happy R & R and continue to take great care of yourself. We love you,
Leigh, Tony and Emily

Anonymous said...

Hillary...just want to let you know I'm thinking of you. The video's quite excellent...a bit of fun and levity in light of your current health challenges. You're an inspiration!

Would love to see you sometime, so I will be getting in touch!

Hugs and smiles!
Ciao bella!
Jadine

Alicia Skodol said...

Thinking of you girlie!! :) You are the best! Just keep trucking along.. I LOVED the video clip-- very entertaining. Talk to you soon.
LOTS and LOTS of love!
Alicia, Ted, Dylan, Gary (chemo partner) and Catherine.... Woo! Woo!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I love the video. If the song didnt do something to that radio star, that video def did! ;-)

I hope you are feeling well! That is so great that you went to SF for lunch. how fun!
Love,
Stephanie and Ori