Tuesday, June 5, 2007

back home!

I am just beyond happy to be writing this post from home after my 5 day visit to the hospital. Although it was not quite the party one might imagine it to be, at least it was quick. (plus a good excuse to have my mom come help take care of me!) I'd say the highlight was the discharge process. This started today at 10am with the good news that we were just waiting on the paperwork... and only 8 short hours later, we were out of there!
The visit was slightly less pleasant than my last stay, since they had to remove my PICC line -- that's the permanent IV port in my arm, which is DREAMY, because they can draw blood and do everything through it. So every time my door opened, we quickly scanned the person to see if they were carrying blood draw equipment. I became a bit paranoid around 4am -- their favorite time to visit. Fortunately I got a new PICC line today, so I'll be practically needle-free again. big cheer!!

Sending a HUGE HUG to Alicia's dad Gary. We love you and are thinking about you as you kick off your chemo. I know your lungs will be bright & shiny again soon, although there may be some yucky days in the interim.

Love, Hillary (& Chris)

p.s. Way to go on the 100 miles Leigh and Ian!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are home and feeling well Hill!

Ditto on big hugs to Mr. Parker. My thoughts and prayers are with Alicia and her parents.

Miss and love you,
Katie, Greg and Moira

Unknown said...

Yeah! Glad you are back home.

Anonymous said...

We're very happy to hear you are back home and feeling better Hillary! Nice job on bouncing back quickly - we'd expect nothing less out of you little blondie.

The due date for Baby Reis was last Thursday - and still no baby as of today (6/6). Getting a little bit stir-crazy (and feeling like Fat Bastard from Austin Power's!) wondering when it's going to happen! We are getting induced next Monday the 11th, if nothing happens sooner on its own. We suppose this baby is just a procrastinator, like its mom!

Anyway, that is the update at this end.

We think of you every day and are pulling for you every step of the way. Our puppy Stella sends you big, wet Goldendoodle kisses and we send our love and smiles!

love, Kendal

Jen said...

You get to leave the hospital - and Paris Hilton gets to leave jail! Are the two somehow connected?

Glad you got to go home so quickly. Hope you loaded up on grilled cheese.

Jen

Anonymous said...

HILLARY! Nice work! I have not signed up for any races (and by no means to I intend to disrespect those who have - good work to you all - with this next comment), but in your honor I will play a game of handheld electronic Yahtzee for you............a dissappointing 219. Keep up the good work!! Hopefully we can come by next week! I challenge you to beat the 219!

Bill Haughney (with Michelle)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hill (aka Milkyway!!)

It was so wonderful to see your smiling face on Thursday and to get to spend the day with you. I had a great time with you at 'the spa' ...those Chai tea smoothies are the best!

I can't wait to see you again next week. Keep up the good work building those white blood cells :) Sending BIG virtual hugs from Chicago.

Love, Amy

PS> Mrs Thompson - thanks so much for the yummy taco soup, so good! I need to get the receipe!

Anonymous said...

Hooray Hillary!!! So glad you are at home!

Love,
Stephanie and Ori

Anonymous said...

Hillary, I have never known a "sick" :) person who is so crazy and fun to be with! Thanks for keeping us all upbeat! mom

K. said...

hey pal; sorry i'm late on the note, i was out of town for a few days. im glad you are home, please rest well + keep your a+ attitude going.
xx
donnelly

Anonymous said...

We're thinking about you and Chris everyday.... hang in there and keep up the fantastic work!!