Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thur May 10th

I'll give Hillary a break from her postings. She has been feeling great all week - even with her daily 5-7 hr visits to the hospital.
She'll start her consolidation chemo treatment next week as an outpatient on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After the treatment next week, she will have 3 weeks to recover at home. Assuming nothing changes, she will probably get 3 or 4 rounds of this consolidation chemo treatment over the next 3-4 months, following the one week of treatment and 3 weeks of recovery pattern.
According to our Dr, she could get an infection at some point during the next month and have to be admitted.....we'll do our best to keep her at home, though!
It's been so great to have Hillary home the past two weeks - we've been having a lot of fun hanging out, visiting with friends, going for walks and enjoying the beautiful weather. The return of her appetite continues to impress me....and I think I've packed on a few sympathy pounds trying to keep up!
I'll try to post a few pictures in the next few days - she is very stylish with her hats.
Hillary sends her love to you all.
-Chris

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear how well you are feeling!! You two are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Keep up the good work!!

Emily said...

Great news! We're so happy to keep hearing that you're doing well & are enoying some time at home! Keep it up! We think about you all of the time. xoxox Emily, Jeff & Charlie

Unknown said...

Congratulations on heading home and winning the remission jackpot! I think about you guys all the time.

nstraghalis said...

Glad to hear Hillary is doing well and at home. All of us here at work are continually amazed at the progress and positive attitude both of you have shown. We're all sending you good thoughts.

Mom Milks said...

WOW - Hillary! I am so proud of you in your positive approach to AML recovery. You two are quite an impressive team! Keep up the good work and enjoy those milkshakes, Hillary. XXOO Kathy

Anonymous said...

Iam very happy to know that Hillary is doing well.
I wish to you all the best darling.
You are in my prayers!.
kiss,
Mirian(Brazil)

Anonymous said...

Hillary, I am so happy that things are continuing to look good. Your spirit and positive attitude make me so proud of you. In the last month, you have taught me more than I taught you in 30 years! I love you. Mom

Bette said...

Hey Hil - Wally and I are thinking of you and I personally are glad you've joined my "no-hair" club! I am coming up on my third session of chemo and my pixie cut is starting to be a little patchy! Hopefully you got the link I sent you to my blog, but if not, here it is http://foto-monologue.blogspot.com - there are a few older posts that talk about my journey. Anyway, hang in there! Love - Beth (Col's sis in law)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary & Chris! Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you and wishing you well. I am running with Pam and Amy for Team in Training, and just this morning Pam and I had a great conversation about your progress. Keep up the good work and take care! - Kristie Provost

Anonymous said...

Low Risk...yea! I think Im also putting on a few sympathy pounds for you. You are truely amazing and I only wish I had your strength and positive attitude. I miss you. Love, Shannon

K. said...

Hey send hats and if you need a yankee hat; im happy to oblige. xx kate don.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
I'm so glad to hear that being home has been so good for your recovery. It sounds like Chris is very happy to have you home.

I hope you are hanging in there with those long treatments. You are an amazing and strong woman! We keep praying for you and a full recovery.

Take care, dear!
- Julie, Brian & Jack

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear you are tolerating all of this well! It's got to be tiring going back and forth to the hospital. Your spirit and courage are an inspiration. We're continuing to send positive thoughts out west. xoxo

justjoans01 said...

You two are a great team. Your possitive attitude is just what the Doctor order. Keep up the great work.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you on this tough journey.

Love,
Joan & Ed