Wednesday, December 19, 2007

wrapping it up

Hi all,
Chris and I have been huge slackers on our blogging, which I guess means we're getting on with our lives. Busy busy busy!
(really? what are you even doing?)

I have been feeling great, and I checked off another successful blood test last week. We're looking forward to a holiday break down in Newport Beach (with my sister - the housewife of orange county) for more entertainment by our little nephews.
Please enjoy this ridiculous video of Charlie - we put a ski mask on him, and he assumed a weird spooky-ninja persona:


So what I'm trying to say is, thank you.
We just cannot begin to say thank you enough for the unbelievable support we have received from our wonderful friends, neighbors, coworkers, doctors & nurses, and our dear family. I just want everyone to know how much strength your support gave us.
I probably should have some amazing words of wisdom after this ordeal... but all I really know is that overall my life has been pretty full of good luck and wonderful people.
Alicia and I were talking about this crazy-sexy-cancer lady, and how she felt like we're all actually walking around with some percentage of survival hanging over our heads, but we usually don't know it. And those of us who know it just have more information. Well that has (strangely) been very comforting to me. My doctor can tell me one piece of data about my chances of staying in remission, but no one tells my my chances of falling down an elevator shaft, and I bravely step into the elevator every single day.
(not true, I've been taking the stairs mostly.)

My point is that I would like everyone who is reading this to know how wonderful you are. We are truly thankful for all of you, and we wish you health and peace.

much love,
h & c

We may in fact blog a bit more, but in case that doesn't happen, here is a fine substitute: www.dailypuppy.com.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Crazy, Sexy, Cancer Lady. Would like to read more about her. But, I'm really scared of Charlie as a Ninja!
Hillary, I'm so proud of you. Hope you continue to Blog occasionally. xx, mom

K. said...

Hills, YO YO ! you are the wisdom my dear. 2008 is a great year for you. thanks for your blog, i miss it when it's not up but like that you are moving on in life. good for you. happy new year and continue to great stuff. xx k8(d)

Brett said...

What a great perspective, and how true.

I read something one time that had a list of complications women faced during pregnancy - it was like 10% experience significant hair loss, 50% gain more than 40 pounds, etc etc. By the time you add them all up you have like a 75% chance of becoming a hairless blob who gives birth to quadruplets...but you have kids anyways don't you.

The averages say we will each be involved in like 8 car wrecks in our life...but we drive cars anyway.

Your individual body is a living breathing miracle - it does what it does regardless of numbers in a book somewhere. Thats the way it goes, not the other way around. It doesn't matter what the numbers are on paper for relapses - whether its 2% or 20% it wouldn't all of a sudden change your body's physiology.

Not to mention the fact that every year those numbers get better as more and more better treatments come into play...

Rachel said...

i echo what your mama said! hilarious video of charlie and very intriguing crazy sexy cancer lady. i understand if you're tired of blogging... but know that you'll always have an audience! hope you're having a blast w/the family. love! rachel

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you and Chris are doing so well. It is really a pleasure to read about your positive progress and I couldn't be happier for both of you. I echo your mom's comments that I hope you continue to blog when you feel like it;I love reading your inspirational and funny comments. I do admit, that I like the subsitute too. sooo cute! Win win either way!

I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Love,
Stephanie and Ori

Jen said...

I like the idea of walking around with an unknown bit of survival hanging over us. Who knows the millions of big and little things that could have gotten us, so why live in fear of those things?

Thanks for all the inspiration these past few months! I hope 2008 is full of wonderful things. See you in the new year!

Love,
Jen (and Jake)

Anonymous said...

March on Hillary! Sometimes I thinks it's amazing that we make it through any given day. And it's truly amazing that kids actually survive to grow to adulthood. So we're all lucky and we need to appreciate it all. Love you always! Betsy