Friday, June 29, 2007

Fri, June 29

Hi all,
I'm heading to my final chemo infusion this afternoon. Went to my chemo appointment this morning with my dad - he's in town for a quick biz trip and to hang with me at the hospital. So far, I've been feeling really well; no nausea yet this week, but we'll try not to get our hopes up too much. We still have to get through the next few weeks, plus our main goal is to avoid picking up an infection while my immune system is down. I want to stay out of the hospital this time! My sissie Stevie is coming to visit this weekend, so she'll get to join me tomorrow for a nice shot of Neulasta, which should speed up my recovery.
My cousin, Brett Welborn, is kicking "booty" training for his upcoming 24 Hours of Booty bike ride. (I'm sure it was really fun to do a 4-hour ride at 2am at home on his stationary bike, after setting off his gym's alarm system at night ... oy vey!) Luckily he now has a friend to join him in the craziness, so now they're team Chemo Shmeemo.

Is sunny & warm here... come on out!
love,
h (& c)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hill. I'm just wishing you the best of luck during these milestone days.

You're both in my thoughts.

E.J.

Paige Wagner said...

Sending you a hello from Bloomington!
Thinking of you.
Love, Paige

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your last chemo infusion and I still enjoying reading this blog every week :) Have a happy 4th of July!